Principal Design Automation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Champions a common-sense approach to automation projects
- Leads a program to search for improvements through company principles and strategies for automation creating an improvements/automation roadmap which feeds into RGI’s capital assets budgeting.
- Manages mission critical automation projects through their typical lifecycle for legacy products and new product development projects.
- Provides subject matter expertise to RGI and vendor automation related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical automation systems.
- Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- May specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Procures and manages vendors involved on mission critical automation projects (contracts, performance, payments).
- Ensures delivered automation systems adhere to applicable domestic and international standards as well as to company and manufacturing site’s EHS policies and SOP’s
Principal Design Automation Engineer requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading automation systems development.
- Knowledgeable & experienced about mechanical, electrical/electronic design, programmable logic controls (PLC) – Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems, and instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable on project management of automation systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
- Strong mechanical aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
- Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
- Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Egan