Principal Automation Engineer
Excellent opportunity for an Automation Engineer to step up into a senior position in a leading organisation.
- Program, diagnose and troubleshoot Allen Bradley Rockwell PLC and HMI application for automated process equipment.
- Independently manages or provides leadership to all phases of automation engineering projects and oversees these projects from conception, design and initial specifications through completion and turnover. This includes developing detailed and accurate project schedules while collaborating with internal cross-functional teams, end users, and third-party contacts to design, develop, document and maintain software architecture deliverables for various projects for both embedded and application software.
- Develop and implement software solutions through change control as required while understanding impact of actions to Manufacturing and Facilities equipment.
- Provide guidance and develop engineering design documents, technical evaluations, and test plans for cGMP process equipment and follow GAMP 5 guidelines
- Provides technical and automation operational support to Engineering, Manufacturing, Validation and Facilities departments.
- Provides out of hours 24/7 on call support.
- Support, maintain and diagnose automation hardware.
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation.
- Experience with controls networks and communications systems (Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus etc)
- Review current production operations and ensure continual improvement
- Interact with and manage automation contractors.
- Supports project commissioning activities.
- Provides design/approval of hardware, software, and controls for automated equipment.
- Primary degree in Science/Engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working with validated Automation systems in the pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Direct experience and in depth knowledge of Allen Bradley Rockwell automation platform.
- Demonstrate leadership with the ability to work on own initiative without direct supervision from management and provide mentoring to other members of the automation group when required.
- Team player with an ability to work well across various departments on site as well as business partners.
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information or a confidential discussion contact Deirdre Sheehan on 061512270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org