Video for this job
Based with a well established Accountancy Practice in Co. Cavan, we have an opening for an Accountant to join their team on a 3 day week, covering maternity leave until the end of 2020. This position would be perfectly suited to an individual returning to the workplace or someone looking to cut down their weekly hours. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing Audits and the preparation of corporation tax returns for limited companies.
- Producing Annual Financial Statements in statutory format for submission to Companies office
- Familiar with producing and referencing of working papers for preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Planning and completion of Audit Assignments
- Preparation of Company Audit Programmes (familiarity with Omni Pro Audit Programmes would be an advantage)
- Preparation and submission of returns to the Companies Registration Office
- Preparation of Corporation tax returns.
- Preparation of income tax returns for sole traders.
- Preparation of Annual Accounts for sole traders and associated working papers
- Ability to review working papers of Financial statements and prepare a list of review points for completion by junior staff members.
- Previous experience within Practice Accountancy
- Fully qualified or part-qualified Accountant
- Good computer skills, MS Office, Relate Accounts Production, Sage Accounts and Surf accounts would be an advantage.
- Appropriate experience to demonstrate that tasks required can be completed.
- Good Communication Skills and Client Management Skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic and Hardworking.
- Familiar with Accounting Standards.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton