- Reference: GJ45771
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Medical Devices
An R&D Engineer (Polymer Coatings) is required to support my client’s world-class Biomaterial coatings R&D & testing lab facility through a phase of rapid expansion and growth due to new business activities.
This position will report to the Coatings Senior R&D Engineer and will be responsible for supporting all aspects of membrane coatings technology including customer engagement, concept and process development, and transfer to manufacture.
The role will be partly cleanroom laboratory-based and will require a hands-on approach involving mixing, coating, curing, building and testing initial/concept-phase prototypes for our clients in the vascular device implant sector.
The successful candidate will have a good eye for detail and will be in a position to draw on a broad and diverse set of skills and experience in solving process development challenges. The range of projects that the role will support will be diverse, and the technical solutions developed will be innovative and present an opportunity to acquire significant skills in the development of Biomaterial coatings and processes for use in Medical Devices.
- The Coatings R&D Engineer will be principally engaged in the following tasks:
- Support the customer engagement process in the application of my client’s proprietary membrane coatings technology.
- Design and develop innovative coatings solutions to meet customer needs.
- Build and enhance my client’s unique and innovative Biomaterial coatings offerings.
- Take R&D coating development projects from pilot scale into production.
- Keep organised records and provide technical reports as needed.
- Document experiments and results in Laboratory notebooks with full traceability.
- Ensure strict adherence to relevant safety procedures.
Skills, Experience & qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have a scientific or engineering background, a keen eye for detail and a willingness to acquire new skills and learn on a daily basis.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Engineering.
- 5+ years of development and/or production experience in the area of polymer products.
- Experience in the medical device industry or similar highly regulated environment an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of engineering design principles coupled with knowledge of polymer material properties and manufacturing/coating processes particularly desirable.
- Committed to continuous learning and up skilling and will be able to apply creative thinking to solve complex problems.
- Understanding of GMP and ISO requirements is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and keep detailed documentation
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: email@example.com