Are you an experienced Manager with a passion for manufacturing excellence and a background in Timberframe or modular build production? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Position: Timber Frame Plant Manager
Location: Longford, Ireland
As the Timber Frame Plant Manager, you will play a crucial role in our organization, reporting directly to the Head of Timberframe Ireland. Your primary responsibility will be overseeing all aspects of Production, Maintenance, Safety, Health, Environment, and Quality (SHEQ) at their Longford site. We are seeking a results-driven individual with a proven track record in implementing good manufacturing practices and lean principles. Your expertise will contribute to the growth and success of our business, and you will work closely with various teams, including Design, Site Quality, and the Group Capital & Development team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety First: Champion a safety-first culture, ensuring the well-being of our employees and promoting a safe working environment.
- SHEQ Compliance: Collaborate with the SHEQ Manager to establish and maintain appropriate policies, procedures, staff, and processes, ensuring compliance with safety, health, environment, and quality assurance standards.
- Production Planning: Develop a comprehensive production plan for the Longford site, maximizing the efficiency and productivity of the Timberframe process in coordination with Design and Site Quality functions.
- Strategic Input: Contribute to the development of the overall production strategy for the business and participate in the formulation of the capital investment strategy plan.
- Performance Monitoring: Monitor the production performance of the Longford site against the budget using key performance indicators (KPIs) and drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance efficiency.
- Operational Efficiency: Implement short and medium-term projects to drive efficiencies at all levels within the Timberframe business, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- People Management: Lead and support the people agenda on-site, including recruitment, onboarding, development, and employee engagement, in collaboration with HR.
- Collaborative Approach: Foster strong working relationships with supervisors, encouraging knowledge-sharing and best practices.
- Capital Projects: Contribute to the implementation of capital and NPD projects for the Longford site, overseeing smooth and efficient operations from planning to Timberframe erection.
- Operational Excellence: Develop and nurture a strong culture of operational excellence, ensuring high levels of performance throughout the organization.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Qualifications: Hold a qualification in Engineering, Operations, Manufacturing, or a related field, or possess equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Management Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in Plant or Site Management, with a preference for candidates with Timberframe or modular building experience.
- Safety and Compliance: Demonstrated knowledge and experience in promoting a safe working environment and ensuring compliance with regulatory standards.
- Efficiency Expert: Proven ability to reduce complexity and enhance efficiency in processes to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Leadership Qualities: Lead by example, bringing passion, energy, and a "can do" approach to the team, and possess exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Results-Oriented: Driven to exceed goals and push yourself and others towards high levels of performance.
- People Management: Understand the importance of managing and developing people, fostering a climate where individuals can thrive.
- Adaptable: Open to change, comfortable with risk and uncertainty, and capable of dealing with dynamic situations.
- Effective Communicator: Possess strong communication skills, able to build trusted relationships with team members and stakeholders.
If you are ready to take on a pivotal role within a forward-thinking organization and contribute to the growth of our Timberframe business, we want to hear from you! Apply now with your updated CV for the attention of Gillian Nicholson firstname.lastname@example.org