JOB TITLE: Plant Manager
COMPANY: Global Medical Devices Company
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: Expat Package
- Lead Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing, Warehouse Operations and Facility to identify and drive process improvements to insure stable, capable and efficient processes throughout the manufacturing supply chain in support of the sterile disposable and instrumentation manufacturing processes.
- Done by fostering high standards of productivity through the application of effective employee communications; positive employee reinforcement; and consistent policy administration and adherence to the Quality Regulatory System requirements.
- Develop and maintain an effective organization through selection, training, and motivation of all manufacturing and warehouse personnel.
- Monitor operating conditions and manufacturing schedules on a frequent basis. Suggest more desirable conditions or levels of operations to meet inventory or sales demands.
- Initiate various programs that lead to improved quality, lower costs, and overall efficiency.
- Direct those activities that provide assurance that safety, health, and environment rules and regulations are met or exceeded.
- Preparation of budgets in accordance with corporate objectives, requesting assistance from the accounting department when required.
- Direct manufacturing leadership in the preparation and implementation of operating plans consistent with the agreed to business plan including COGS, on time shipment, defect-failure rates and other key metrics.
- Determine facility policies are consistent with corporate policies, and direct the application of such policies to facility operations.
- Develop improved manufacturing methods, layouts, equipment, and techniques and execute to business unit plan.
- Oversee activities involved with the development of new IABP and IAB products and product improvements. Interact with senior management and engineering personnel to set priorities and determine objectives.
- Leadership investigation on product complaints to determine cause and initiate corrective action as appropriate.
- Provide input on feasibility of, design and manufacturability of new product proposals.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Adhere to and insure compliance with all company policies, rules, procedures, and housekeeping standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 18 years’ experience in the medical device industry, with at least eight years in a senior management position in a quality or regulatory function.
- International site management experience and experience of working in a corporation.
- Experience in leading sites through audits with FDA.
- Strong knowledge of appropriate state, Federal and international regulations impacting the company’s geographic and product footprint
- Attention to detail and accuracy – essential
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure
- Problem solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting objectives are required.
- Excellent analytical ability
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately, and directly, both verbally and in writing, to a widely varied audience.
- Good business acumen.
- Good organizational skills with cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Recognized University Degree, preferably MBA