Collins McNicholas are working exclusively in partnership with Eviosys and we are delighted to bring to market a fantastic opportunity, the position of Plant Manager.
Eviosys is a new company, formed when KPS Capital Partners acquired the EMEA food and consumer packaging business of Crown Holdings Inc. Eviosys has 6,300 employees in 44 manufacturing facilities across 17 countries and is Europe’s largest manufacturer of steel and aluminium food packaging. The Irish Eviosys plant is located in Athy, Co. Kildare where they specialise in the production of high quality metal packaging for the infant formula and clinical nutrition markets.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the overall direction and guidance of operations at the Athy site and reports to the Operations Director UK Ireland & Netherlands. The successful candidate will ensure production of the required volume of product, on time, within established standards of safety, quality and at the most competitive cost, while also ensuring that equipment, buildings and the general working environment are maintained in optimal conditions. The Plant Manager is responsible for the strategic development of the site.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Site leader, responsible for coordinating and giving direction; responsible for leading all functions of the business to deliver site and company goals, targets and budget assumptions.
- Leads by example, with a proven leadership skill set and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Encourages open communication, recognises and encourages the efforts and achievements of others
- Champions company quality and customer service standards; ability to work closely with customers and suppliers to ensure customers’ expectations are met
- Supports the commercial team with customer contact and communication
- Ability to understand customer “key business drivers” and develop strong working relationships
- Develop and manage the Site Leadership and Operational teams
- Working with employee representatives to maintain an effective HR and people focused environment
- Promote the development and operation of training programmes and continuous learning at all levels.
- Understands key operational and manufacturing processes, and the importance of cross functional interdependencies between production, engineering, quality and supply chain
- Ability to improve process capability and establish, develop and drive processes and systems and people forward to achieve best practice across the site
- Responsible for the preparation of strategic plans, annual budgets and forecasts for the site.
- Understands the importance and delivery of key performance indicators
- Ability to maintain and improve a safety in ther workplace for all employees and ensure full compliance with all safety, environmental and related regulatory and corporate requirements
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- 5 - 10 years’ management experience in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Recognised degree / professional qualification, preferably in an engineering discipline
- Proven track record of organisational leadership success
- Logical and possessing strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to effect positive change and work in a matrix environment
- Familiar with a unionised environment
What Eviosys can offer you?
The opportunity to build a career in a multi-cultural environment
To be rewarded fairly and promoted based on merit and performance
Professional and personal development through training and work experiences
Strong engagement and commitment to the safety of our employees
- Company Car
- Family Healthcare
- Company Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance
For further information on this opportunity or a confidential discussion please reach out directly to Gillian Nicholson at email@example.com