- Reference: SJ47199
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Our client, a leading pharmaceutical startup who are setting up in Sligo is looking to hire a Plant Engineer.
- Directs maintenance of plant buildings and coordinates requirements for new designs, surveys, and maintenance schedules for equipment and machinery.
- Build and maintain the knowledge needed to be resident expert on equipment and manufacturing.
- Prepares bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition.
- Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues.
- Provide an efficient interface with all automation and validation processes and provide training to all engineers and mechanics.
- Design all preventive maintenance programs in coordination with maintenance and engineering staff
- Tests newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfilment of contract specifications.
- Review, update and manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Along with the HSE (Health and Safety contractor), coordinate HAZOP reviews and other PSM needs to ensure the safety and health of employees. Participate in incident reviews, root cause analyses and corrective actions.
- Recommend improvements or redesigns for equipment and processes to meet safety, quality, production and cost goals. Create PFDs and P&IDs.
- Use statistics and statistical process controls to confirm plant operations, capability, reliability and quality.
- Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 10 years total, with 5 or more years’ experience required in a medium to large‐scale biotech or pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Familiarity in the handling and manufacturing is preferred.
- Strong background in process safety management.
- Demonstrated skills in designing equipment, plant and processes.
- Management of capital projects.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and experience applying them in an industrial setting.
- Able to conduct data mining, analysis and statistical testing when proper.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, AUTOCAD and MS Project.
For further information on this role please contact Niamh Cregg on 071-9149732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!