Planning (NPI – New Product Introduction) Engineer
Main responsibilities and duties of the job but not limited to.
- Design for manufacturability on New Products, which involves close cooperation with all Design groups.
- Project Management of New Products being introduced to KOI.
- Drive and lead an NPI team, consisting of members from each function within the organisation.
- Ensure on-time and within budget delivery of all jigs/fixtures required for production of a new product.
- Evaluation of plant layouts from other Manufacturing sites to provide optimum plant layouts.
- Evaluation of capacity planning from other Manufacturing sites which is directly linked with layout & investment planning.
- The identification, evaluation and specification of new equipment within the manufacturing process.
- Project management of new equipment requirements, procurement and production line installation / reconfiguration.
- Design, release and procurement of product packaging solutions.
- Control of product technical change process for pre-series and series production products.
- Health and Safety of self and others.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor / Manager.
Qualifications: Degree in Production, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial or Electronic Engineering (Level 8 on NFQ). Formal Project Management qualification would be an advantage.
Experience: Minimum 3 – 4years experience in high volume Electronic, Mechatronic / Manufacturing with preference in the role of Manufacturing, Process, NPI (New Product Introduction) Engineering. Experience in Project Management is essential.
Skills: Knowledge of Electronic, Mechanical and Mechatronic Assembly Process is essential. Knowledge of jigs and fixture design, injection moulding. Knowledge of production capacity & line balance & layout planning. German would be an advantage.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org