Planning Manager - Galway
Planning Manager required with 10 years plus experience in manufacturing ideally medical, pharma or automotive industry. Galway city.
- Develop, grow, and improve the SI&OP process.
- Identify, drive & support cost reduction initiatives.
- Management & development of the Planning team.
- Ensure effective Production and Inventory strategies & control in line with company inventory, STS (Ship to Schedule) and STR (Ship to Request) targets.
- Champion continuous process improvement within the planning function. Keep up to date on the latest planning tools and techniques.
- Develop policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Production Planning area.
- Management of Finished Goods, Sub-Assemblies and Work in Progress inventory to support production strategies within agreed targets.
- Analysis, reporting & commit response to all backorders.
- Negotiation & presentation of plans with all levels of management in the plant and with external demand planning and marketing contacts.
- Work with New Product Development teams to deliver production plans in line with project goals/schedules.
- Partner with Production to develop a Production plan that meets customer service requirements while maintaining minimum inventory and optimal manufacturing cost.
- Analysis & maintenance of all Production planning-related reports, files & documents including plant & product Performance.
- Level 8 degree in a relevant discipline.
- 10 years manufacturing experience in a Supply Chain environment with exposure to all Demand Management (DM), Master Scheduling (MPS), Capacity Planning (CRP), Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and inventory control.
- Experience in Medical Device environment desirable but not essential.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP supply chain functionality is essential.
- Demonstrated achievement of driving change, continuous improvement and exposure to Lean supply chain techniques.
- Excellent planning, problem-solving, analytical skills and advanced Excel skills.
- Financially and customer aware.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.