Planner required for a 6 months contract in Galway.
- Responsibility for supply chain / procurement activities across a range of products within the Galway site portfolio, focusing on quality, cost and all aspects of supply.
- Understanding previous selling patterns and forecasted forward demand, utilizing report systems to ensure stock levels are in line with demand and maintain minimum stock levels.
- Constantly review and adjust stock levels to suit.
- SAP master data maintenance and optimisation
- Support for new product introduction activities and Phase In / Phase Out
- Ownership of relevant KPI’s and action trackers driving performance
- Compliance to company policy, Limits of Authority, internal & external audits
- Engage with and maintain disciplines around the Company Operating System
- Continuous improvement activity through projects, project team membership and leadership and the pursuit of annual strategic objectives that drive value for the site
- 3rd Level College / University Degree or Diploma in a supply chain, business, finance or other discipline complementary to the demands of the buyer planner role.
- APICS, CIPS or other related certification
- Courses completed in Lean manufacturing, 6 sigma, continuous improvement philosophy
- Experience in Materials Management / Logistics / Operations / or other related disciplines
- Strong analytical experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with SAP or similar tier 1 ERP
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience at building strong work relationships / teams
- Experience in driving change
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Deirdre Moran.