The Production Planner reports to the Operations Manager and is part of the Supply Chain Team including onsite purchasing, inventory and logistics. The planner will have responsibility for all activities involved in the management and planning of production build schedule and maintenance in ERP through to final completion of work orders. The role will require daily interface with production supervisors, buyers, customer service team, demand planner as well as the Program leaders.
- The day-to-day control and organisation of their assigned duties within the Planning group
- Planning activities, capacity planning, work order generation, order processing, action message report
- For timely response to Customer service on commit dates and for ensuring that those dates are in line with the agreed guidelines.
- Co-ordinates the demand data and reconciles with capacity/materials availability. Including “What if analysis” on the potential impact of the demand numbers.
- Review materials supply and highlight potential material issues against the plan and interacting with the purchasing department to develop solutions.
- Maintenance of a production schedule to consistently achieve performance targets.
- Determine the build plan on a weekly basis and expedite full material supply to support. This needs to be maintained on a rolling planning window basis to ensure schedule and ERP stability.
- To liaise with the Demand Planner and Team Leaders to meet material and manufacturing lead times required for forecasted production schedules.
- Working with New Product introduction teams to plan new customer requirements in line with the New Product Introduction build plan.
- Production of relevant reports, in MS Excel and other tools, to track site performance to customer expectations.
- When CEM (contract electronic manufacturers) are used the Production Planner will represent the interest of the company in the CEM planning schedule.
- Contribute to departmental Continuous Improvement goals by taking part in Lean/CI programs. Identify areas of improvement in current processes and methods.
- Provide support for other members of the team in fulfilling the agreed company objectives and strategy.
- Provide cover to the Demand Planner Role.
- Completion of other project tasks as outlined by Supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 3/4 years experience minimum required in a similar role within the Electronics Industry and/or Medical Devices is essential as a base requirement.
- Applicable Third level qualification required, OR full qualification to APICS/CPIM/SCM or IIPMM. Candidates currently pursuing a qualification will be considered.
- Strong understanding of material purchasing, material planning and inventory management practices.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with good follow-up and factory planning understanding.
- Proficiency required and proven track record in IT Applications (ERP, MS Office).
- SAP experience is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and practice of Lean principles is an advantage
- Possess excellent communication skills interact across all levels of the business and to facilitate solutions across teams and departments.
- Be self motivated and capable of working on their own and as part of a team
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Jessica Kennedy