We have an attractive opportunity for a Material Requirements Planner to join a leading pharmaceutical multinational company on a 12-month contract. This position is based in Ringaskiddy, Co. Cork and offers hybrid working options. Reporting to the Materials Planning Team Leader, the Planner will be responsible for the coordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and procurement of raw materials and components.
· Maintain Raw Materials and Components inventories within the goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired materials.
· Contribute to the global balancing of Materials and Components within Global Planning, ensuring efficient and effective procurement & inventory practices and optimizing the balance between quality, service, reliability, and cost.
· Supporting the MRP team in the communication of material priorities to meet production requirements during the challenging supply situation driven by Covid.
· Ensure that all material delivery schedules are communicated to the supplies on time in order to meet plan requirements.
· Partner with Global Procurement to drive Supplier performance improvement including quality and timely delivery in line with MPS.
· Tracks and reports site / platform level supplier service performance, communicating the information to relevant parties.
· Collaborate with Quality and Warehouse staff regarding rejected / defective materials, making the physical arrangements with the supplier to ensure a timely return of goods pr disposal.
· Work within a cross-functional team to prioritise, update and communicate critical items.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- Min 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate the drive, eagerness, and capabilities to be successful in this role with a view to developing and progressing to leadership level within the company.
- Experience in the development of an efficient and effective Material planning supply chain management processes and systems.
- Customer-focused ensuring that customer requirements are clearly planned for and communicated within the organisation.
- Results-driven, while ensuring the optimization and efficient use of resources.
- Contribute to the innovation and continuous improvement within the organisation.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O’Doherty.