- Reference: CJ43002RJ
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Phd Organic Chemists
Accountability/Scope of Responsibility
• Acquire a detailed knowledge and understanding of the chemistry of the relevant processes including Mechanisms.
• Development History, including boundary conditions.
• Impurity formation and control.
• Complete any laboratory troubleshooting/investigative activities
• Be responsible for the completion of laboratory development projects on schedule for the relevant process/es.
• Actively contribute to development initiatives such as those required to improve process understanding, process control, process capability, robustness, yield and throughput.
• Ensure appropriate tools/metrics are in place to monitor the key technical parameters for the process
• Prepare technical documentation to support manufacturing, e.g. Manufacturing Batch Records, laboratory SOP’s, process steps, PQ protocols, PQ reports, CMC chemistry descriptions, technical training material etc.
• Provide training to the Operations team personnel as necessary.
• Ensure all process changes made have safety and quality considerations as core attributes.
• Lead/participate in rigorous technical risk assessments for plant changes/product introduction
• Carry out necessary investigations of all quality and yield issues.
Lead/contribute to the resolution of technical investigations on plant.
• Liaise with Secondary to ensure all secondary issues are dealt with, e.g. specific customer packaging requirements, specifications, technical issues as they arise
• Liase with procurement to support procurement cost reduction and security of supply projects. Provide technical support to the evaluation and assessment of suppliers
• Provide technical support for Capital engineering projects relating to NCE’s, existing products, and major process re-development.
• Actively participate or lead and coordinate the site input into the Technology Transfer process from R&D or other sites ensuring that the processes/ technologies involved are suitable for commercial production on site.
• Provide chemistry feedback to Chemical Development on early phase NCE’s
• Provide process chemistry input for site impact assessments
• Maintain an active process chemistry knowledge repository ensuring that all product knowledge is maintained, readily accessible and updated.
Quality Responsibilities/Scope of Responsibilities
• Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with our Quality Management System requirements.
• Participate fully in our site’s quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to.
• Maintain GMP standards where appropriate to your role
• Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality applicable to role
• Management Policies relevant to your job role.
• Attend training and complete assessments as required.
• Ph.D or a post graduate qualification in a related subject
Green Belt qualification
Preferred Experience A minimum of 3 years experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory on 021 4911063or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!