Payroll Specialist required for a 12 month fixed term contract. Galway city.
Working alongside the HR team, the successful candidate will be detailed, organized and highly proficient in the use of Sage Micropay.
- Manage, prepare, and process payroll for hourly and salary (weekly & monthly) payroll using Sage Micropay.
- Administration of Time & Attendance system to manage and calculate hours worked.
- Understand and apply company policy as and when required.
- Liaise with HR team in relation to relevant employee information for payroll purposes.
- Reconcile payments in the areas of compensatory benefits and payroll taxes.
- Address all payroll queries as they arise in a timely manner.
- Participation in continuous process improvement to payroll preparations.
- Complete all month end payroll reports.
- Other ad-hoc duties such as updating HRM & Payroll systems with employee information.
- Proven experience as payroll specialist or similar role.
- Payroll/Accounting qualification is advantageous.
- Very good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll field.
- Experience of Sage Micropay is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Prior experience with a Time and Attendance system.
- Prior experience working alongside a HR function.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Noeleen Stewart.