We have an exciting Payroll Officer opportunity for you to join a leading multinational in Waterford on a permanent basis. If you are IPASS qualifed (or equivalent) and have 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced payroll environment then this could be a great opportunity for you to take the next step in your career.
Please feel free to get in touch for more details. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: 021 4809118
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for the accurate and timely processing of monthly payroll via Sage Micropay
- Responsible for ensuring that monthly and annual local tax payments and compliance requirements are met
- Co-ordinate payments to benefits providers such as health insurers and administrators of such schemes such as pension, medical insurance
- Processing new starters/leavers on payroll on a timely basis on receipt of relevant information from HR
- Processing of monthly payroll journal on SAP
- Maintaining and reporting on Time Management System (TMS) – Overtime reports, leave reports (sick, unpaid, paternity, maternity). Monitoring compliance with flexible working time arrangement. Making system changes as requested in a compliant manner. Liaising with IT on system set up as required.
- Handling employee payroll queries
- Management of Timesheet consolidation and review
- VAT & Intrastat returns via ROS- Run VAT report quarterly on SAP and make VAT3, Vies & Intrastat returns on ROS
- Being in compliance with the PAYE Modernisation roll out in 2019
- ROS- Prepare PAYE/PRSI returns
- Imports/Exports Clarification to Revenue
- Reconcile Imports/Exports list received from Revenue to ensure accuracy in description, commodity code and duty rate
- Gather information for auditors for the Financial Controller in preparation for the year-end financial and pension audit
- Prepare information for IDA grant for review with the Financial Controller
- Accounts Payable – processing of invoices and assisting with payment runs
- Completing assigned projects and any other reasonable duties/tasks as required.
- Continuously develop and improve the role.
What we are looking for:
- IPASS or an equivalent payroll or accounting qualification
- 2+ years’ experience in a fast-paced payroll environment
- Experience of computerised Payroll System SAP an advantage
- Understanding of Irish employment law and payroll-related tax matters
- Ability to work and lead when required cross-functionally
- Collaborative skills in resolving customer, partner, vendor and internal challenges/issues
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Michael O’Brien on 021-4911062 or email email@example.com