We are excited to recruit a Packaging Engineering Manager for our medical device client here in Galway. Reporting into a Global function, you will work with key stakeholders in Galway and across our clients wider network. This will be a Hybrid role but with lots of flexibility.
In your new role as Packaging Engineering Manager, you will lead an experienced and ambitious team in the specialised function of Packaging Engineering and Labelling Development. In this role you will be providing and developing a strategic approach to your team's development.
So if you are ready to advance your career where they value innovation, advancing technology, and a great work-life balance, check out the job specifics below and apply.
Key Activities of the Role:
- Lead technical advancement projects, providing guidance and approval regarding technical strategies and approaches.
- Work closely with various personnel and divisions to ensure an improved, practical, and consistent approach to packaging and labelling.
- Provide guidance and training to staff to progress towards defined career goals, motivate individuals to achieve results, and recruit and maintain a high-quality team.
- Develop strong team skills, including optimised communication, teamwork, and initiative while supporting deliverables.
- Assist with and manage functional deliverables, ensuring technical excellence throughout the process.
- Ensure continued intellectual property development from self and staff.
- Assist with and complete the development of budgets; monitor spending.
- Assist in the identification and development of department tools.
- Determine appropriate staff levels, schedules, and resources. Work with project managers to understand priorities and plan resource and time allocation accordingly.
- Collaborate with project staff to develop assignments and schedules that will meet completion dates for R&D deliverables.
- Continuously monitor and evaluate project and department progress and goals.
- Assure that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained to maintain Quality System compliance and adherence to the Quality Policy.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organisational objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Expert technical capabilities.
- Proven ability to lead a team and develop employees.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Project Management, Stakeholder Management and strong business acumen.
For a confidential discussion on this role and the company please contact Chris O Toole