The Packaging Director is a key member of the site Leadership Team.
The role is specifically responsible for managing and providing leadership to the Packaging area with a team of People Team Leads (PTLs), Process Leads, Process Operators, as well as liaising closely with the Production Lead in the Cork Site to deliver the customer and business needs in a compliant manner that enhances the direct relationship culture.
The Packaging Lead will engage with the relevant support departments and build strong relationships with same, and report directly into the site lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a full and active role in the overall Site Leadership Team to deliver on operational delivery goals within the vertical supply chain, providing cross-functional leadership in support of all the functions and departments on site, and setting and implementing an overall site strategy to develop the “factory of the future” capable of enabling the corporate strategy.
- With the Site Leadership team, play a key role in creating and managing an empowered performance culture respectful of the needs of all stakeholders.
- Lead the Packaging function from the Post Autoclave Area, Work in Progress & Label Store to Packaging to ensure patient supply objectives are consistently achieved.
- Responsible for the Products processed by the team so that they meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities, and the Company.
- Responsible for compliance to the requirements of cGMP, and to our site quality programmes.
- Deliver Environmental, Health & Safety performance in accordance with the requirements of the company’s 7S, safety and environmental management programmes.
- Manage headcount and expenditure within budgeted figures and deliver on cost savings
- Develop the packaging strategy to meet business growth and deliver on the overall business objectives in collaboration with the relevant partners.
- Develop capacity and resourcing plans for existing and future manufacturing needs.
- Achieve key project deliverables on time and in budget and support Ad Hoc projects as and when required.
- Identify methods for improving productivity and reducing overall costs via lean manufacturing and robust problem-solving teams.
- Ensure that products inspected and packed by the team meet the requirements of end users, customers, regulatory authorities, and the company.
- Manage the day-to-day upkeep of the Packaging Schedules and communicate changes effectively and efficiently to Customer Service & Finance departments
- Work with Process Team Leads (PTLs) in planning and scheduling labour and equipment resources to meet packaging demands.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Engineering departments on product and process development matters, New Product Introduction, and trials
- Take personal responsibility to ensure implementation, tracking, resourcing and delivery of improved communication processes and systems in the PAA, WIP/Label Store and Packaging areas.
- Role model and display organisation Values and Leadership standards through your interactions and interpersonal relations with all colleagues and other stakeholders at all times.
- Develop and maintain critical relationships with support departments to both develop the role and to enable the growth of the site.
- Lead team through the effective use of performance management and coaching processes -- building excellent working relationships with direct reports, extended team-- and with team members in other functional support groups.
- Motivate and develop your team, monitor, and review personnel performance.
- Responsibility for championing the understanding of the company beliefs to underpin performance.
- Assist in the recruitment needs of the area including identifying resource gaps.
- Business and/or Engineering Level 8 Degree Qualification
- 10+ Years' Packaging experience within a similar GMP Pharma environment
- 5+ Years Operational and Leadership experience with proven track record of delivering transformational results across safety, quality, reliability, and cost.
- Self-starter with good motivational, decision making and planning skills.
- Clearly expressed values and behaviours through good management practice
- Confidence to be the Packaging leader while also acknowledging one’s limitations, development needs and dependence on others to achieve objectives and success
- Personal ethos of life-long learning and development for oneself and one’s colleagues
- Good level of knowledge of Quality, safety regulations, manufacturing, and process automation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with staff at all levels across multiple functions of the organization.
- Experience in developing strong working relationships across teams and functions.
- Understanding and experience in use of Lean manufacturing principles.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh.