Our client based in Donegal require an Oracle Database Administrator for their expanding company.
The Database Administrator will maintain the relational databases including both Decision Support Systems and Online Transaction Processing. Provide and ensure data availability, integrity, and security. Perform routine database administration functions including installation, configuration, and upgrading of databases and software on various platforms, database capacity planning, pro-active performance monitoring and tuning, security procedure execution, backup and recovery. Provide database support activities to various application development teams; participate in deployment of new products or product features. Efficiently work with server teams and application teams. Assist the manager with all aspects of database services provided to the customer. Coordinate efforts among team members as needed.
• Define requirements and associated designs for relational database systems.
• Work closely with application development team to ensure successful deployment and performance of database applications.
• Research and evaluate alternative solutions to resolve issues and recommend the most cost effective solutions.
• Lead or participate on the design and implementation of large, complex database solutions.
• Consult with developers and clients to determine the impact of new and revised processes on the overall architecture of systems.
• Facilitate monitor and implement solutions around data replication for multiple databases. Implement advanced monitoring and alerting solutions for database systems.
• Maintain appropriate level system documentation.
• Maintain and ensure database consistency, integrity, security and auditing in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements. Work closely with management and present to customer or client audiences and/or professional peers.
• Ensure the implementation of roadmaps and assignments as defined by his/her management.
• Ensure data recovery, integrity, space requirements of databases through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards.
• Plan and monitor assigned projects and communicate project progress.
• Manage the development, testing, and implementation of database systems to meet database capacity standards and sizing objectives.
• Support continuous process improvement and innovation.
• Oversee project intake for resource allocations.
• Assist in evaluating new requirements and recommend new processes and standards and appropriate
• Mentor less experienced DBA’s in the performance of day-to-day and project-related duties as directed
• Troubleshoot and solve problems with existing systems quickly and completely. Responsible for diagnosing the problem, impact analysis and implementing a solution to prevent future problems.
• Assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics
• Provide 24×7 on-call support as part of rotating team coverage
• Participate, as requested, in the Information Technology strategic planning process.
• Perform related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned or required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree with knowledge of database concepts
• Experience in large enterprise database environments, as well as solution delivery methodologies gained through a combination of formal training and progressive work experience
• Experience working in a regulated environment
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com