Overview of the Role
We are bringing you a rare opportunity for an experienced Oracle BI Developer to join Irelands leading university, Trinity College Dublin. The successful candidate will join the Financial Information Services (FIS) team leading the ongoing development, maintenance, and improvement of the BI suite of reports in Oracle. This is a five year contract with potential to attain a permanent contract. The successful person will enjoy a high degree of autonomy, while being expected to make a dynamic and strategic contribution as an Oracle BI Developer.
- Leading out on the creation of functional and technical design specifications based on an analysis of user reporting requirements
- Managing the technical design and development of BI and EBS reports in consultation with end users, the FIS team and other relevant stakeholders
- Review the reporting aspects of the system, fully managing issues encountered to resolution
- Co-ordinating the required testing plans with relevant stakeholders
- Testing of developed software enhancements and bug fixes, both within the Oracle platform and wider FIS applications
- Production, review and maintenance of required technical documentation and specifications.
- Development of interfaces between the E-Business suite and existing systems
- Integration of new applications with the new E-Business Suite and supporting the existing integration aspects of the system
- Acting as Technical Lead and owner of:
- the Oracle BI suite of reports and also across the Oracle platform as a whole and as required
- ETL processes, developing and/or coordinating activities and improvement with the Manage Service Partner
- specific development projects on behalf of the FIS team, working with the managed Service partner and other project-specific stakeholders
- 3rd level degree (or higher) in an IT related area OR equivalent Oracle certification.
- Min 2 Yrs experience in BI Development using BI Tools such as OBIEE + OBIA
- Experience of the Oracle E-Business Suite of applications, including Oracle EBS and the data structures within Oracle, and the Data warehouse in the Oracle reporting suite.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in the design and development of reports and reporting environments using Oracle reporting tool, BI tools and ETL adaptors.
What you'll get in return:
- Opportunity to work in the public sector, without hard pressures of private companies
- Environment that promotes a positive work/life balance
- Strong positive culture within the immediate team and wider team
- Hybrid working model, 2 days onsite a week
- Competitive package offering
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Ranait Coughlan