Excellent opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager within Technical Services to join a statutory body responsible for the strategic planning of transport within Ireland
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The principal duties and responsibilities of the Operations Manager-Technical Services will include the following:
- To manage the Technology Services Group’s live systems and processes directly and through contracted suppliers.
- To ensure systems operate and are maintained within agreed service levels.
- To work collaboratively with Transport Operators to ensure the effective operation of their systems and integration to clients Systems.
- To manage the service change process within Technology Services Group’s estate and ensure SLAs are met throughout any period of change.
- To be accountable for the operation of any technical systems within Technology Services Group’s scope, through monitoring and contract management, and to work with others to ensure acceptable levels of availability are met.
- To be accountable for the development and maintenance of operational practices, processes and procedures as applicable to the Operations Team, with full regard to how these interface with the wider business processes
- To be accountable for the timely and prioritised management of incidents faults relating to vehicle equipment and relevant back office systems, either through a managed service desk or one staffed directly by the Operations Team.
- To be accountable for implementing the route service change process
- To develop and maintain the relationship with suppliers and contractors that supply services
- To provide appropriate management level reporting and metrics on the operational themes and undertake or manage further detailed trend analysis, as appropriate.
- To manage the performance, efficiency and effectiveness of Group Operations Team, which will involve;
- Oversee staff assessments and recruitment.
- Ensure staff training needs are identified and met in a timely manner.
- Handling staff matters as they arise in a professional and competent way in line with organisational standards and procedures.
- On-going financial management of the Operations Team.
- Hold a minimum of a NFQ Level 8 degree in a relevant discipline, being engineering, computing, or a Technical discipline
- Have a minimum of 7 years recent satisfactory experience in similar or related roles with 3 of those years working in a management role;
- Demonstrated experience of leading an operation of at least 3 Technical projects with each project having an elapsed life cycle time of a minimum of 1 year.
- Experience of budgetary management, including development and accountability for the effective delivery of operational budgets.
- Evidence of successfully leading, developing and managing a team.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and running service processes and procedures
- Experience of working with and balancing the needs of a number of key stakeholder groups.
- Experience of supplier management in a complex multi-vendor IT environment.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical senior colleagues and deliver challenging quantitative and qualitative targets.
If interested please give Ita Hodder a call on 01 6620088 or email on email@example.com