JOB TITLE: Opex Manager -Lean Manufacturing / Value Stream Manager
COMPANY: Industrial Manufacturer
JOB TYPE: Permanent
LANGUAGE: Fluent French
This is an exciting opportunity for a French Speaking Lean Production Manager to work for a global Engineering company manufacturing HVAC systems worldwide. The ideal candidate will have a strong manufacturing background from any industry with strong Lean principles and Lean change management experience.
- Lead value stream mapping activities to define future objectives for the elimination/reduction of non-value-added activities in the production flow (products, materials and information.)
- Develop strategies and action plans to improve margins and result, and to transform the culture towards customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Coach and support operational managers in terms of value stream, cultural transformation, behavioral transformation, leadership, operational rhythm and methodology change.
- Implement material and inventory management, distribution and logistics and problem solving initiatives.
- Provide cost estimates and justification of expenses, if required.
- Ensure compliance of the value stream with standard processes and tools defined in global process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Fluency in French and English required
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in operational excellence, value stream, lean manufacturing, materials management or plant management with a good knowledge of all plant operations, preferably in an assembly-oriented manufacturing environment.
- A participative and natural leadership style, your approach is pragmatic and solution oriented with a proven track record in change/transformation management.
- You possess strong interpersonal skills and are able to different types of personality, culture or environment, at different levels of the organisation, including works councils.
- You use common sense, diplomacy and are realistic about everyone’s abilities.
- Ability to assign priorities in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to manage and facilitate a Lean transformation with different levels of acceptance of the change.