The position will be responsible for leading the inbound technology transfers and gearing up for growth investments due to commence in January 2020. Organizationally the role will execute on the industrialization of the Galway OpEx operation and will be the identified succession plan for the Plant Manager position for which there is currently none.
It will create an industrial engineering approach to line balancing, layouts, process flows and material management processes. In addition, TPM programs will be developed to improve machine and test system uptime and efficiencies. Working closely with engineering, the NPD processes will be optimized to make sure design for manufacture is leveraged fully.
Facility management and capital expenditure for both the building and all assets employed within will be the responsibility of the OpEx Eng Manager to maintain, improve and renew.
Overall the role will be conducted from a Lean and Continuous Improvement point of view, with their Operating System and industry best practice tools being taught and implemented throughout the organization.
The role is to ensure that the above can be realized.
- Minimum 5 years within an Operations function focused on management and development of direct team members.
- Industrial Engineering Degree
- Product and Process improvement experience using Value Stream Mapping, VA/VE, Gemba, DFMA, DFMEA, PFMEA
- Knowledge and experience with Lean and problem-solving tools such as 8D, 5 Whys, Ishikawa Diagrams, Poka Yoke, FMEA, Kaizen, 6s, SPC & Six Sigma
- To be able to demonstrate experience as a process or product engineer and a trainer.
- Industrial Engineering Degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt is an advantage
- Travel 10-20%
• Maximize SMT line OEE
• Mixed Model manufacturing line capacity optimization and constraint management
• Process equipment uptime and effective TPM implementation
• Test equipment optimization and uptime management
• Support right-first-time assembly and test activities through jigs, fixtures, tools, and poka-yoke solutions
• Time standards measurement, adoption, review, monitoring, and improvement
Continuous Improvement & Cost Reduction
- Lead the MSA Operating System at Galway (Daily Huddles, Gemba Walks, Problem Solving Tools, Action Tracker adoption)
- Identify continuous improvement/cost reduction opportunities and lead teams and individuals towards their achievement using well-defined project charters and scope statements
- Execute projects as a coach who guides and teaches others the Six Sigma DMAIC approach and the application of the effective lean tool
- Oversee the ECM – Engineering Change Management process
- Own SAP master data management to ensure production and supply chain processes operate without error
- Ensure assembly and test instructions are clear, concise and unambiguous such that the value creation process is supported by excellent assembly aids and SOP documents
Facility Management & Capital Expenditure
- Ensure the day to day running of the facility to the comfort of all its users
- Maintain, Improve and Renew the infrastructure of the building
- Maintain, Improve and Renew all manufacturing-based assets
- Pursue simple automation and semi-automation opportunities
- Lead annual & 5-year capital planning processes and subsequent execution on time and within budget
- New Product Introductions
- Technology Transfers
- Corporate Initiatives
- Personal Development & Training