- Operations Team Leader is responsible for maintaining production schedules and directing the activities of team members in line with operational, quality and health & safety work instructions, procedures and policies to ensure the production of quality product in a timely, safe, efficient and compliant manner.
- Lead & co-ordinates the day-to-day activities of the operations shift team (including key support department team members) to meet production targets for customer delivery, product quality & cost ensuring a safe work environment at all times.
- Leads the use of lean tools to drive continuous improvement & process reliability.
- Creates a high performing flexible team which achieves excellent results.
- Leads shift daily operations meetings reviewing production data, machines running status, escalations & corrective action to ensure shift targets are achieved.
- Ensures that there is regular communication with team through visual management systems & co-ordinate all operator training in order to perform assigned tasks across production cells.
- Responsible for ensuring that his / her team are trained in their roles & also to support the development of standard work, documentation, training & work instruction activities where appropriate.
- Creates a high performing flexible team which achieves excellent results through coaching/ mentoring & effective performance management.
- Plans all people, material & machine resources to support weekly production schedules.
- Ensure all injection moulding, tool & assembly changeover activities are completed as scheduled along with appropriate line clearance procedures to meet cGMP (current good manufacturing practice) compliance.
- Ensures that batches are manufactured within the validated set up at all times & the quality team are provided with samples for outgoing testing throughout the batch.
- Lead area 5 S programme to ensure that housekeeping, cGMP & Safety issues are resolved in a timely & systematic manner thus meeting all company safety, environmental and quality initiatives.
- Ensures equipment & area cleaning, preventative maintenance, calibration schedules inventory control & barcoding systems are adhered to as per cGMP requirements.
- Implementation of company policies, adherence to all Corporate EHS and cGMP policies.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position
- Level 7 or 8 HETAC Science / Engineering qualification in relevant discipline desirable.
- Level 7 management/relevant supervisory management qualification desirable.
- 3-5 years Injection Moulding /Automated assembly experience essential.
- 5 plus years supervisory/leadership experience essential.
- Qualifications & experience in Lean (Green belt level) desirable.
- Experience in medical device injection moulding & assembly operations desirable.
- Excellent lean operations leadership, organisational and communication skills.
- Performance and results driven.
- Ability to motivate self and others.
- Excellent initiative and decision-making capability.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- High level of cGMP, safe working practices and awareness.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MS Project & ERP systems.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!