Would you like to join a global leading asset management company? Our client is looking to hire an Operational Risk Manager to join their growing team. This is a 9-month contract role, that offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work on an exciting project, and offers a hybrid working model and competitive package.
The Operations Risk Manager will be responsible for rolling out, reviewing, and assessing appropriate level 2 controls (monitoring and testing) for Operational Risk. The person will work closely with Senior Management across the entire business in order to formulate and implement the annual risk-based monitoring and testing plan.
Responsibilities of the Operational Risk Manager:
- Risk framework/ programme development
- Input to the design of an appropriate Regulatory & Operational Risk Control Framework in line with the Group’s Enterprise Risk Management framework.
- Ensure implementation of regulatory and operational risk control standards providing guidance as required.
- Risk Assessment
- Provide on-going training and lead risk workshops to facilitate risk identification, assessment and risk management
- Document risks and monitor adherence via validation of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment process.
- Oversight & Execution
- Monitoring: Determine and review key reports and metrics to monitor compliance with standards/policies/ regulations
- Methodology: Determine where continuous monitoring of selected transactions may be appropriate and implement same.
- 3rd level education to Degree or Master level in an economic or numerical discipline and/or relevant professional
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in Operational Risk and/or Compliance or a similar role
- Ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge of regulatory and operational risks influencing the Irish credit sector
- along with demonstrating, strong credit skills
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, and ability to work to deadlines
- Must be a team player but also able to work on own initiative
For more information on this role contact Niamh Cregg