Operations Team Leader
Reporting to the Production Manager, duties of the Operations Team Leader will include:
- Lead the production team to deliver against daily production plan and product specification ensuring that all machines are resourced with trained operators and that correct materials for each product are available and ready to use
- Manage the line output ensuring it is efficient and stoppages and downtime are minimized encouraging good work pace and teamwork at all times.
- Communicate the production plan and targets for the day to the team highlighting key areas of focus for that shift
- Manage shift changeovers in a smooth and time efficient manner ensuring that all end of shift clean down procedures are followed in line with SOP.
- Check paperwork throughout each shift so any issues are rectified and all information is filled in correctly for excellent traceability and audit purposes.
- Ensure that equipment or processing faults are managed immediately, documenting and communicating the issues that occurred to prevent reoccurrence in the future
- Maintain open communication with the maintenance team, the quality team, H&S and all other relevant departments to ensure effective working relationships are maintained
- Take a lead role in the preparation of the production floor for internal and external audits. Inform your team of the audit, delegate work tasks and check agreed actions have been followed up so that the production floor is maintained in a presentable state at all times
- Ensure machines and equipment is only operated by employees who are fully trained on all functions, programs and controls.
- Report production and quality metrics at the end of the shift and daily production meeting
- Continually review production methods/operating procedures with a view to improving efficiency, quality and visual management
- Ensure that all breakages, damage and faults are reported and dealt with immediately.
- Ensure all operators adhere to PPE requirements to prevent injury to the employee and contamination to product.
- Be an advocate for excellence by creating a culture of non-tolerance of poor quality and safety standards.
- Manage your team with regards to absence, performance and quality issues. Engage with HR, training or the Quality Department as appropriate to address any issues in a timely manner
- Ensure all team members are fully trained on the machines and corresponding SOP’s
- Cross skill your team in all work areas in order to maximise production efficiency
- Manage all employee grievances in a professional, fair and consistent manner following up with employees on all issues to a close out position and involving your manager at all times always ensuring a productive working environment
- Report to your manager any team concerns so they can be managed asap
- Ensure all operators can assess their work areas/machines and ensure it is safe to operate.
- Relevant previous experience in a supervisory role within the manufacturing industry
- Team Player but also the ability to lead
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Level headed & a logical thinker
- Ability to take instruction but also ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills with team and team leader
- Attention to detail in relation to quality and output
- Be health and safety conscious
- Excellent ability to manage and delegate work
This position is a full time, permanent position and involves working on a rotating shift basis which includes night shift work.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org