OPERATIONS MANAGER – Medical Devices
The primary focus of the role is to provide day to day operational leadership to a Value Stream business unit, contributing to the delivery of the annual business plan within budget. This entails leading and coordinating Production activities and resources. This role reports to a Value Stream Manager and sits between the VSM and the Production Team Leaders.
Leadership of headline metrics including safety, quality, service and cost
- Lead and develop Health & Safety culture and systems.
- Implementation of Production System
- Support Quality System Requirements, compliance, CAPAs and develop a culture of quality excellence.
- Customer-focused, understands business finance & importance of the Value Stream key operational performance indicators including OEE /efficiency, effectiveness, and waste reduction.
- Contribute to Value Stream budgets development including headcount with subsequent accountability for all direct, indirect & overhead cost elements
Typical Daily Activities
- Manages effective daily shop floor stand-up meetings/pulse walks to delegate priority tasks to provide clear ownership & direction.
- Liaise with SME Engineering and the VS Maintenance function thus ensuring that effective maintenance systems support schedule adherence. This responsibility includes escalation of unplanned interruptions and root causing of same.
- Work closely with QA to ensure the production of quality products and generally seeks methods to improve quality performance.
- Support production planning initiatives and requests for planned interruptions.
- Support, coach and mentor direct employees to ensure they are competent to implement HPS, run GB/BB projects, 5S and other tasks.
- Manage labour planning requirements for both direct and indirect.
Communications and People Development & Engagement
- Provides clear leadership, delegation & coaching support to the VS team. Builds & delivers effective communications at all levels.
- Development of the Team Leader structure and performance management within the Value Stream
- Employee selection, development & engagement
Internal and External Networking
- Networks to build relationships internal and external to the Value Stream
- Maintains open & immediate communications with the Senior Management Team on critical operational issues.
Plant Business and Strategic Planning
- Participate as a key contributor to Plant strategy formulation and execution including future growth objectives.
- Contribute to the business planning process, including budget formulation and tracking.
- Coordinate internal Value Stream relations with internal Shop Stewards and participate as required in meetings with elected representatives.
- Primary degree in an Engineering, Manufacturing or Business discipline.
- Postgraduate degree in Continuous Improvement, Operations, Business or Engineering discipline advantageous
- 5 to 7 years functional leadership experience in a high volume manufacturing environment with 3 years Lean/Six Sigma experience.
- Previous experience of Class II medical device industry and experience with moderate to high automation is also beneficial
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Davin Ferguson on 0719140251 or email email@example.com