Operations Manager | Permanent Job | Dublin
We are working in exclusive partnership with Edwards Vacuum to hire an Operations Manager for their Service Technology Centre (STC) in Blanchardstown, Dublin. This is an excellent job opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join a growing multinational company in the semiconductor industry. The Op’s Manager will oversee service workload, capacity planning, labour effectiveness, and productivity for STC Site Operations while ensuring customer expectations (cost, delivery, lead-time, quality, etc.) are met. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring safety and environmental compliance are met in support of company policy and programs.
- Oversees the Services business to achieve annual business goals for revenue & gross profit in coordination with the regional and Global STC services strategies and provide monthly reports.
- Manages service process improvement, manpower loading, equipment and material needs, and accurate control of all inventory.
- Manages and drives all customer issues to closure or initiates support when required.
- Manages and develops the service team leaders daily to optimize resource utilization, quality and on-time delivery, time reporting, prioritize and coordinate daily workload, deal with day-to-day employee issues, and interface with the service team leaders.
- Oversees operational expense budgets within agreed-upon targets. Evaluates assigned staff skills, develop and deploy employee development programs.
- Manages human resources, including selection, recommends staffing levels and changes in accordance with company and departmental mission, coaching, discipline, manpower planning and motivation of staff.
- Develops, generates and provides strategic analysis reports (with focus on reason for variance deviation between planned and actual) for Key Performance Indicators such as: capacity planning, on-time delivery, turn-around-time (TAT), quality, labor hour cost, etc.
- Interfaces with appropriate STC personnel (BLM, SHE, HR, Quality, Engineering) on priorities, strategies, and issues.
- Ensures that safety standards, cleanliness and continuous improvement measures are met.
- Develops and maintain Quality & ISO procedures, work instructions within the ISO certification guidelines.
- Champion’s company guidelines and principles.
- A Diploma / 3rd level qualification in an engineering discipline or business.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical product Manufacturing/Re-Manufacturing Operations/Management (Semi-conductor environment is desired)
- Strong leadership & people management skills, organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills area prerequisite.
- Proven experience of change management, teamwork, active listening, communication, collaboration, and empathy are essential.
- Understanding of basic manufacturing financial concepts (i.e. Efficiency and Overhead Variance, etc.)
- Knowledge of vacuum technology and service experience is desirable.
- Strong / Rapid decision making skills , Accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office suite programmes, SAP, MS Project highly desirable.
- Proficient in English – written, speaking and communication skills,.
What you will receive in return:
- Competitive salary & Bonus Package
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Family Private Medical Insurance
- Long Term Disability benefit
- 25 days holiday increasing to 27 after 5 years, and 28 days after 10 years
- Long service awards every 5 years
- Reward and recognition awards
- Employee Assistance Programme
*Full Job spec available on request*
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Ranait Coughlan
(090) 6450664 (01) 66 200 88