Video for this job
Operations Manager – Technical Services & Repair Centre – Permanent
Our client a leader in the avionics industry have an exciting new role coming to the market. We are recruiting for the position of Operations Manager – to lead/manage all operations for the Irish based services & repair center.
Scope of role: position holder will be responsible for the overall Repair & Services Operations which includes reporting financial monthly performance metrics, repair, administration and logistics. To ensure that Repair activities are in alignment with company policies and goals and meet or exceed customer requirements; inventory is maintained and optimized for cost-effectiveness and to be in compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all Repair Shop activities in accordance with multiple agency regulations.
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits as required.
- Ensure that the Repair Shop staff is upholding all current company policies.
- Ensure Repair Shop Quality Inspection Standards.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation in the Repair Shop.
- Hire, train, supervise, and appraise direct reports.
- Lead management staff to implement department objectives – Lead, motivate, and set targets for all Repair Shop Supervisors and other staff as required.
- Ensures Repair Shop staff is trained in all relevant technical procedures as needed for optimum job performance.
Processes Development and Maintenance
- Set and monitor standards of performance and maximize productivity levels through continual improvement of processes and lean manufacturing principles.
- Develop services to improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain Repair Shop Quality Inspection Standards creating methods and procedures as needed.
- Drive 5S practices (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain), ensuring a safe, clean, tidy and efficient workplace.
- Ensure inventory value is maintained at reported values as confirmed by cycle counts.
External and Internal Relations
- Manage technical training activities for customers.
- Manage the resolution of technical, schedule, and customer issues by fostering close relationships and open communication with other departments such as Quality, Engineering, Test, Production, and Order Administration.
- Support regional marketing and sales initiatives.
- Select and monitor vendor performance in supplying external services.
- Generate the annual budget and ensure that Repair Shop operates within the approved business plan.
- Manages the Repair Station P&L and submits periodic forecasts.
- Develop requirements for capital equipment acquisitions as needed to meet department objectives.
- Manage fixed expenses as a steward of the companies’ assets, streamlining processes to reduce cost through efficiency gains and process improvement.
- An HNC/HND or Bachelors’ Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive experience working in an avionics/ IFE repair shop environment.
- Proven line management experience coupled with experience managing a maintenance and/or repair operation
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of EASA/FAA regulations.
- You should be able to demonstrate the ability to train and motivate employees across different locations, have highly developed team building and problem-solving skills and have the ability to organize and direct teams to meet objectives.
- You will have familiarity with modern manufacturing principles and have worked on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors; including an understanding of current business trends, In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the ability to determine how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Strong Communications and customer services focus: The successful candidate must be able to develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with customers and internal stakeholders in order to smoothly and effectively address customer needs.
Postion to start in November – interviews will be held in Dublin during September. Process will move quickly.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!