Collins McNicholas are working exclusively in partnership with Lir Analytical and we are delighted to bring to market a fantastic opportunity, the position of Operations Manager.
Lir Analytical are a research, development and manufacturing life science company based in Ireland, supported by highly engaged food producers and food processing customers in Ireland, the UK and Europe. Current sector they serve are Dairy Producers, Food processing & Pig & Poultry Producers. Lir Analytical has grown from a research project in the Midlands, into one of the fastest growing companies in Bio-Security development. They are now seeing to hire an Operations Manager to join their growing team in Longford. The ideal candidate will be a driven and ambitious person with capability to grow and contribute to leadership in this small entrepreneurial organisation. They will join the organisation at a time when they can significantly influence the establishment of excellent practices in Mfg., maintenance, safety, supply chain and logistics.
The operations manager will report to the MD and will be responsible for leading and managing the operational performance of the Manufacturing plant including Quality Control, Labs, Production, Supply Chain, plant maintenance, training and safety. They will be responsible for performance management ensuring the successful delivery of customer orders as well as participating as part of the management team contributing to the growth plans and ambitions of the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing an entrepreneurial organization at a pivotal stage and make a significant impact on its growth and success.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of Manufacturing plant including Quality Control, Labs, Production, Supply Chain & maintenance
- Develop capacity planning strategies to meet customer demands effectively.
- Implement contingency plans to mitigate potential disruptions in operations.
- Lead the design and implementation of process improvements to enhance operational efficiency.
- Manage the operations team, ensuring the development and adherence to Standard Operating Practices.
- Lead and support the people from a recruitment, development and employee engagement perspective.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, empowering team members to take ownership of their performance.
Quality and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with environmental, safety policies, procedures, and legal requirements.
- Ensure adherence to company SOPs, specifications, and safety regulations.
- Address and resolve complaints, issues, and non-conformances in a timely and professional manner.
- Promote safety and cleanliness in all workplaces, maintaining audit readiness at all times.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives in manufacturing, maintenance, and warehouse practices.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency enhancements and cost reductions.
- Proven experience in a senior operations, maintenance, or production management role, or equivalent supporting senior supervisor role.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant discipline (Engineering, Science, Mfg engineering, or Production engineering etc.)
- Solid understanding of quality management systems, production processes, and supply chain principles.
- Experience with implementing Lean and Six Sigma methodologies for process improvement.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively lead and collaborate with teams.
- People management skills, with the ability to Lead and support the people from a recruitment, development and employee engagement perspective
- Strong Commercial Awareness with the ability to manage relationships with our raw material suppliers.
- Ability to lead the team to constant Continuous improvement
- Initiative, drive and self-starter
- Excellent communication, planning and organisation skills
- Can do attitude – flexible and suitable for a start up operation where this approach is needed
- Creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial spirit.
If you are a driven and ambitious individual with a passion for operational excellence, team leadership, and continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply for this challenging and rewarding role please send your CV directly to email@example.com