- Reference: CJ47117
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Munster, Waterford
- Category: Information Technology
- Resolution of issues with deployed software applications
- Interaction and communication to respond to customers with appropriate instruction, guidance and troubleshooting assistance
- Provision of technical assistance with regard to environment setup and configuration
- Writing Groovy scripts and MySQL database queries
- Hands-on issue/data research and performance tuning
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Close collaboration with support colleagues in Ireland and the US
- Participation in on-call rotations
- Travel as required to customer sites in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering or a related field. Experience in a software testing environment would be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems, preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying applications implemented in Java.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Groovy, Python or bash.
- Experience with Linux and command line environments a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Practical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills including prioritising and planning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
Ludovic Gavillet, together with his wife and new born son, made the move from Switzerland to Kilkenny to work with Lighthouse Studios – and he hasn’t looked back since! I’m originally from Switzerland but moved to Kilkenny in mid-November of last year with my wife and new born son. Before the move, I was working […]read whole article
Quality of life, short commutes and more disposable income reasons top talent are being drawn to the sunny South East Over three quarters of professionals who relocated have more disposal income – new survey shows 95% of respondents say their work/life balance has improved since moving to the South East 64% commute to work […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more
This report provides you with all of the recent developments in the ICT sector in Ireland, including skills availability, graduate output, industry trends, regional investment, and our expectations for the year ahead.view more