Video for this job
- Resolution of issues with deployed software applications
- Interaction and communication to respond to customers with appropriate instruction, guidance and troubleshooting assistance
- Provision of technical assistance with regard to environment setup and configuration
- Writing Groovy scripts and MySQL database queries
- Hands-on issue/data research and performance tuning
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Close collaboration with support colleagues in Ireland and the US
- Participation in on-call rotations
- Travel as required to customer sites in the US as well as our head office in San Francisco
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in information technology, computer science, computer engineering or a related field. Experience in a software testing environment would be beneficial.
- Strong knowledge of relational database management systems, preferably MySQL.
- Knowledge and experience of deploying applications implemented in Java.
- Experience with a scripting language such as Groovy, Python or bash.
- Experience with Linux and command line environments a distinct advantage.
- Understanding of computer networking.
- Practical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills including prioritising and planning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen on 021 4911061 or email email@example.com