Our client, a large multinational within the Financial Services Industry, is looking to recruit an Operational Risk Analyst. This is a permanent, full-time position and there is flexibility for the right candidate to work from either the Dublin or Shannon, Co. Clare location. This position also operates on a hybrid working model – 2 days in the office and 3 from home.
About the role
The Operational Risk Analyst will work closely with the Operational Risk Management team in order to execute the annual risk-based monitoring and testing plan. This position will support the implementation and enhancement of an Enterprise Risk Management Framework to achieve consistency around the execution of Risk activities.
· Perform risk-based point in time assessment and testing per the annual testing plan.
· Manage the process for monitoring and following up on Operational Risk recommendations and treatment plans to resolve issues and improve processes.
· Review key reports and metrics to monitor compliance with standards, policies and regulations.
· Risk framework/programme development – input into the implementation of regulatory and operational risk control standards.
· Document risks, validate through testing the company-wide risk and control self-assessment process and monitor the progress of treatment plans across the business.
· Preparing reports of identified operational & regulatory issues (external and internal stakeholders).
· Provide support and practical assistance to functional management to understand and manage regulatory operational and enterprise risk.
Skills & Experience
- 3rd level education to Degree or Master level in an economic or numerical discipline and/or relevant professional qualifications
- Previous experience in an Operational Risk role or similar is preferred.
- Previous experience of undertaking a role that requires strong attention to detail.
- Strong cross-functional experience either in-house or externally in a financial services environment
- Strong knowledge of business functions and systems relevant to financial services, preferably across consumer and commercial lending (desirable)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O'Doherty.