Our client, a large multinational within the Financial Services Industry are looking to recruit an Operational Risk Analyst. This role will be best suited to someone who has experience in similar operational risk roles (or similar) and someone who has knowledge of regulatory and operational risks influencing the Irish credit sector. This is a fixed-term contract and comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package. The role is based in Shannon, Co. Clare, however, there is flexibility with a hybrid working schedule (2 days from home and 3 days in the office).
About the role
The Operational Risk Analyst is responsible for executing an appropriate level 2 controls (monitoring and testing) for Operational Risk. The Operational Risk Analyst will support the implementation and enhancement of an Operational Risk Management Framework to achieve consistency around the execution of Operational Risk activities. The Operational Risk Analyst will support the collation of periodic management information around monitoring, testing, and other relevant operational risk activities.
- Input into the implementation of regulatory and operational risk control standards as guided by Operational Risk Management
- Manage the process for monitoring and following up on all Op Risk and Internal Audit recommendations and treatment plans to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Document risks, validate through testing the company-wide risk and control self-assessment process, and monitor the progress of treatment plans across the business.
- Provide support and practical assistance to functional management to understand and manage regulatory & operational risk.
- Preparing periodic reporting of identified operational & regulatory risks and ongoing remediation efforts to all relevant stakeholders,
Skills & Experience
- 3rd level education to Degree or Master level in an economic or numerical discipline and/or relevant professional qualifications
- Previous experience operating in a risk management position
- Strong cross-functional experience either in-house or externally in a financial services environment
- Strong knowledge of business functions and systems relevant to financial services, preferably across consumer and commercial lending (desirable)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Megan O'Doherty.