- Reference: GJ42595
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
- Support of the ongoing introduction and advancement of Lean Manufacturing / Operational Excellence principles and practices across the plant / in direct area of responsibility.
- Provision of technical support and where necessary project management support to Manufacturing teams in their endeavors to initiate and sustain continuous improvement.
- Provision of training and ongoing support on existing Lean “tool kit”, also refining and improving these tools and introducing new ones as appropriate.
- Constantly promote, educate , and instill culture of identification and elimination of waste through out the plant within manufacturing areas and also in support/ transactional area.
- Identification of improvement opportunities and initiation of projects teams and plans to address, providing support & direction and facilitating the removal of barriers to ensure successful outcomes.
- Work closely with NPD and Equipment Engineering groups, where nexessary at early stages of product, process and equipment development to ensure that new equipment is designed ergonomically and that new products and processes are “Born Lean”.
- Maintain database of Lean projects with associated targets and metrics to be used in prioritization of key projects based on impact on VOP.
- Ensure that Lean activities and projects are linked such that the entire value stream is addressed and maximum benefit is extracted from Lean activities.
- Standardisation of work methods, ensuring that these standards are documented through graphical operator instruction where appropriate.
- Support the Strategic Space Planning process by managing and maintaining layouts within area of support, ensuring continuous alignment with Operational Excellence principles. Work with key stakeholders to develop strategic “free space” and layout design allowing for improved flow or and/ or provision for new/ additional production lines to support increased volume/ new product introduction.
- Demonstrating a good working knowledge of Industrial Engineering tools & practices and using this knowledge and expertise to continually drive improvement in process/equipment design, layout and Operational performance.
- Maintaining a verified up to date database of standard times, populated IE tools and core metrics for area of responsibility.
- HETAC Level 8 qualification in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 4 years’ experience.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O Toole on 091-706713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!