- Reference: D46014
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin South, Kilkenny
- Category: Accountancy & Finance
Excellent opportunity to work with one of the world’s leading research-based biopharmaceutical companies.
- Dublin City Centre.
- The General Ledger Accountant in a corporate accounting role is responsible for an entity/entities, working with the local markets and internal departments.
- Will report to our clients’ corporate headquarters on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Initial 11 month contract.
- Must be fully qualified.
- Identifying inefficiencies with a view to developing and implementing more robust processes within the group.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting to US Headquarters.
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, processes and databases within given parameters.
- Handle general ledger inquiries from other GFS departments, NY Controllers and the Market.
- Work with Corporate Audit for all audit related issues under US GAAP; provide audit information on a timely basis.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the Market and in GFS.
- Perform/Review monthly reconciliations.
- Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements.
- Create innovative solutions to ensure team operates in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of related accounting experience.
- Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once.
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking and organisational skills.
- SAP and/or Oracle experience desirable.
- Proficiency in PC skills (particularly Word and Excel).
- Experience in dealing with external auditors and involvement in the audit process.
- Experience in financial reporting in a similar shared service environment is also beneficial for this position.
- Strong technical accounting skills i.e. good knowledge of accounting standards.
- Knowledge of US GAAP.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls.
- Minimum qualification of a University Degree in Business or Finance.
Interested? Contact us now!
- For further information on this role, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01-6620088 or email: email@example.com
- For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
- For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick
Q: I am a long-term general manager at a relatively small food-production company that recently appointed a new CEO. I have been tasked with familiarising her with certain company strategies. While I am happy to do this, I am worried that I won’t get the recognition I deserve. I would love for this to contribute […]read whole article
Quality of life, short commutes and more disposable income reasons top talent are being drawn to the sunny South East Over three quarters of professionals who relocated have more disposal income – new survey shows 95% of respondents say their work/life balance has improved since moving to the South East 64% commute to work […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more