The NPI (New product Introduction) Engineer will be responsible for leading projected related engineering activities within NPI while also providing engineering support to manufacturing during the new product introduction cycle. The NPI engineer will also be responsible for development of both existing and new process technologies as required by new products and prototypes.
- Work as part of NPI team to drive product and process improvements.
- Manage new designs through product lifecycle into manufacturing
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts in the business to ensure all new product fit within existing manufacturing capability.
- Opportunity to become Subject Matter Expert in specialized processes
- Work closely with Lean and operations teams to ensure that any new processes developed meet world class manufacturing standards.
- Manage a variable workload to meet NPI requirements.
- Design and introduce manufacturing processes for new products to meet the demands of productivity and quality.
- Ensure that complete and effective validations are carried out on all processes before transferring to manufacture.
- Identify and put in place permanent and effective technical / system solutions to problems.
- Maintain high quality / compliance standards in line with Medical Devices manufacturing requirements.
- Applying Lean principles identify and develop improvements that increase key process metrics of yield, throughput and productivity.
- Investigate new process technologies and evaluate potential competitive advantage and the cost benefit of introduction.
- Manage external relationships with Technology providers / Suppliers.
- Ensure that all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are fulfilled
- Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification, preferably with at least 2 years experience.
- Strong technical background and capabilities.
- Motivated to work on own initiative and the ability to make and implement decisions.
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA compliance with emphasis on validation.
- Knowledge of six sigma and lean manufacturing principles.
- Excellent communication, planning and organisational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems with innovative and cost effective solutions.
- Computer literate.
- Proven track record of excellent time keeping & attendance is essential.