- Reference: GJ42901
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Galway City, Mayo
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The NPI Engineer will be the technical lead on the New Product Introduction Team. The role involves reviewing customer specifications and designing and developing internal processes to introduce and scale up new products before transfer to the Manufacturing team.
- Collaborate with the internal Commercial team and the Customer on technical specifications for new opportunities received and develop the customer requirements into a specification that can be manufactured.
- Support the internal Commercial team on costings for new opportunities with input on all Engineering costs to scale up from Design & Development through to Manufacturing.
- Project Manage & Technical Lead of New Products through the lifecycle of the Product Introduction Process before transferred to the Manufacturing Team through the final Transfer meeting.
- Maintenance of all associated documentation which includes generation and maintenance of the documentation pack (may include BOM’s, Logs, Drawings, CHR’s, Validation Protocols/Reports etc.) and control of Prototype/NPI forms associated with the item.
- Analyses Process, Product, Material or Equipment specifications and performance requirements.
- Under broad supervision / guidance compiles and analyses operational, test and experimental data to establish performance standards for newly implemented or modified products / processes.
- Summarises, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Troubleshoots new products and processes working closely with the Manufacturing team. Continually seeks to drive / improvements in process design, layout and operational performance.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge and application of validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements.
- Actively promotes and participates in a cross -functional teamwork environment.
Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
Keep your skills current and be conversant with the latest developments in technologies and materials which are relevant to the Company’s business.Engage constructively with other functions within the Company to drive continuous improvement.
To take on other duties which the Company may assign you from time to time. These “other duties” will be agreed with management prior to any assignment.
To meet and/or exceed the Milestones and Goals agreed with the Company.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- A Hons Degree qualification (Fetac Level 8) with a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in the Medical Device / Component Industry.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent Administrative skills.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A positive attitude in dealing with people.
- Ability to learn and adapt to various situations.
- Enthusiastic, professional, highly driven, self-motivated and completely committed.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please contact Christopher O’Toole