Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Network Systems Administrator with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a 23-month contract position.
This is a hands-on role requiring advanced network and server support experience. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager you will be expected to take full ownership for maintaining the day-to-day operations of the corporate voice and data networks and delivering on projects that support the IT and business strategies. There will also be opportunities to take on more IT Mentor / Leader focussed activities and develop those skills in your career. You will perform a critical role in delivering that service. Along with providing a critical business as usual role, you will contribute to exciting projects aimed at continuously improving the technology services
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Advanced Networking knowledge and experience, including but not limited to – voice and data wired and wireless networks, Cloud-based services, Datacentre Administration, Server and Storage estate
- Highly competent with Server Virtualisation Technology Platforms.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies e.g. Windows, Active Directory and related support tools
- Experience of Microsoft Cloud Platforms is highly desirable e.g. Office365, Azure.
- Demonstrable experience with critical IT processes and controls related to network and server:
- Availability, Performance & Capacity
- Backup, Recovery & Continuity
- Information Security & Cyber Risk Management
- Customer service capabilities delivering critical IT Services in an ITIL based organisation adhering to strict Service levels, Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicator metrics.
- Provide Management Information Reporting and maintain Technology Documentation to a high standard
- Excellent communication skills with all stakeholders and works well as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, or related discipline. Role related industry certifications are desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant and progressive experience in Network Systems Administration
- Formal Project Management and delivery experience
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270