Video for this job
Network Services Maintenance Engineer | Kildare |
- Ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources, to achieve project objectives.
- Holds self and others accountable for accomplishing results.
- Ensures follow through on commitments.
- Analyses requirements and designs test cases
- Presents ideas in an engaging manner. Communicates vision/direction and helps others understand how their work contributes to objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with configuration, design, installation and support of TCP /IP based networks for internal and external customers.
- The Network Services Maintenance Engineer must have the ability to design, plan and execute system testing strategies and tactics to ensure the quality of software at all stages of the system life cycle.
- Create, plan, and execute testing strategies and tactics to ensure software product quality and adherence to stated requirements.
- Can investigate, troubleshoot, resolve and prevent the recurrence of network incidents that interfere with the normal delivery of network services.
- Ability to manage the day-to-day delivery of satisfactory network services to customers.
- Can work with the components of an Ethernet network as they are typically used in a production environment.
- Experience with developing and supporting software for mainframe platforms.
- Knowledge of and the ability to configure, install, and use installed and planned networks/communications devices such as adapters, routers, hubs, bridges and multiplexors.
- Knowledge of business concepts, tools and techniques and ability to operate with a business mindset that complements one’s functional specialty and keeps it in a business context.
- Aware of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
- Familiarity of network concepts, technologies, tools and philosophies, and the ability to design an organization’s network infrastructure and services.
- Knowledge of quality management methods, tools, and techniques used to create and support an environment that meets the needs of the organization.
- Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application, systems, network or operational) problems.
- Aware of the features, tools and processes used for maintaining network and Internet security; the ability to develop and implement safeguards for the prevention of intrusion and unauthorized access to an organization’s network security system.
- Knowledge of the processes involved in problem control, error control and the production of management information; the ability to identify the root cause of problems in a timely and accurate manner and bring them to a successful resolution.
- Familiarity of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Kehoe.