- Reference: D47096
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Dublin City Centre, Dublin South, Dublin West
- Category: Information Technology
About Our Client:
- One of the world’s largest fund administration and middle office solution providers.
- Our client has continually improved and evolved their products from information delivery and regulatory products to fund platforms and tax services.
- The globally distributed service model has rapidly expended through a combination of organic growth and acquisitions.
- Our client is currently looking for a Network Administrator to join their growing team.
Summary of Role:
- Report to the Technical Design Authority on a functional basis and support several Service Managers and Projects Managers in line with the demands of the business.
- The network administrator will be expected to remotely deliver services to customer locations where our client is providing service. This may require out of hours support when required.
- Flexibility to undertake International travel from time to time as part of the delivery of service.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain ownership of the network design, and all supporting design documents;
- Provide Level 2 Troubleshooting on LAN/WAN and voice issues reported from business users and the service desk;
- Collaborate with service providers and external vendors on root cause analysis for problems related to technology;
- Provide detailed diagnostic information when required.
- Communicate clearly to users the cause and resolution of IT issues in a timely and polite manner – all users will be in remote locations;
- Highlight and report all major IT issues and risks to IT Manager in a timely manner;
- Research, test and implement new systems to improve efficiencies and satisfy user requests;
- Assist with testing system releases, patches and disaster recovery;
- Provide technical input into vendors proposal, change requests, and incident management;
- Execute standard administration tasks such as reviewing system logs, monitor jobs and responding to system alerts;
- Oversight of 3rd party vendor covering service delivery and performing installation works;
- Assist with network analysis and support of critical network systems;
- Perform on-call duties as needed to support technology services to business.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline;
Skills and Experience Required:
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or equivalent experience;
- 3+ years’ experience as network administrator;
- Certification in frameworks ITIL v3, ISO 27001;
- Experience in networking testing or vulnerability testing would be an advantage;
- Experience in cloud networking would be an advantage (Aws, Azure etc);
- Certification in Security Frameworks would be an advantage (such as ISO 27001).
- Proven skills in networking to include but not exclusively:
- DNS, LAN/WAN, firewalls, wireless, TCP/IP, UDP, VoiP, QoS, MPLS, 802.x;
- Ability to take ownership of a technical solution and work with various stakeholders (internal and external) to deliver a design and implementation approach;
- Ability to articulate design topics, using tool such as Visio and any modelling tools utilising ArchiMate;
- Strong decision-making skills/judgment;
- Ability to be able to work well under pressure during disaster situations;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Proven skills in networking topics;
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and good at working under own initiative;
Interested? Contact us now!
- For further information on this role, please contact Blaithin O’Shea on 01-6620088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services, and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
- For more information on Collins McNicholas, contact one of our six branches across Ireland in Dublin, Cork, Galway, Sligo, Athlone, Limerick
Ludovic Gavillet, together with his wife and new born son, made the move from Switzerland to Kilkenny to work with Lighthouse Studios – and he hasn’t looked back since! I’m originally from Switzerland but moved to Kilkenny in mid-November of last year with my wife and new born son. Before the move, I was working […]read whole article
Quality of life, short commutes and more disposable income reasons top talent are being drawn to the sunny South East Over three quarters of professionals who relocated have more disposal income – new survey shows 95% of respondents say their work/life balance has improved since moving to the South East 64% commute to work […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more
This report provides you with all of the recent developments in the ICT sector in Ireland, including skills availability, graduate output, industry trends, regional investment, and our expectations for the year ahead.view more