- Reference: LK47065
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Galway, Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Nesting Technician / Health and Safety Officer Responsibilities:
Nesting Technician Role:
- Use nesting software to create and manage nests to be cut on our plasma machine out of sheet metal.
- Be able to interpret product drawings.
- Use Bills of Materials (BOM’s) to get correct quantities of pieces cut for product assemblies.
- Be in close contact with the lead engineer and floor manager to keep production flowing efficiently while keeping excess parts to a minimum.
- Assist in documenting product changes to keep an up-to date database.
- Create nesting formats that result in the greatest material utilization of the sheet metal minimizing waste.
- Undertake relevant training and development as required
Health and Safety role:
- Ensuring all relevant safety documents are completed and filed correctly.
- Overseeing and implementing a safety management system, including risk assessments and developing standard operating procedures.
- Facilitating site health and safety meetings, new employee safety inductions, and toolbox talks on safety matters, as appropriate.
- Providing relevant training to all employees.
- Conducting regular site audits as well as reviews and implementing corrective actions as appropriate.
- Investigate incidents and implement follow-ups/corrective actions.
- Update Organisation’s Safety Statement in compliance with current regulatory requirements
- A significant amount of on the job training will be required so you will need to undertake the relevant training and development as required.
- Flexible working hours at certain times of the year due to trade shows, peak production periods etc.
- Ability to carry out duties within a realistic time line ensuring that deadlines are met is important.
- Ability to carry out tasks simultaneously within time restraints
Ability to work well with others and communicate well is important as this role involves working with all sections of the company