Video for this job
MRO Buyer / Planner
- Accountable MRO spending (budget settings and monitoring).
- Establish consistent Policies, Procedures and Infrastructure for Indirect Purchases
- Develop & Implement indirect MRO sourcing strategies and best practices related to production parts, maintenance & repairs management, vending, tooling
- Monitor the computer system calculation of forecasts for branch stock, adjusting as appropriate to ensure that automatic replenishment parameters are set to ensure excellent customer service at optimum costs.
- Negotiate and organise branch stock cleanses, identify and focus on problem stock and achieve targets for Aged Stock reduction.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure maximum commercial gain against defined purchasing objectives.
- Monitor franchise activity and co-ordinate promotional activities.
- Collate and analyse supplier performance and market intelligence information for use in negotiation and supplier development meetings.
Provide a consistently excellent level of personal service.
- Build and maintain successful partnerships with customers, colleagues and suppliers and focus on the achievement of long term customer loyalty.
Apply the basic principles of margin management to generate profitable sales.
- Minimum 3 years’ + experience in purchasing & planning
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven track record of excellent time keeping & attendance is essential.
- Highly organized with strong ability to prioritize tasks.
- MRO experience essential
- Food & Beverage or Pharmaceutical experience highly desirable