Mozzarella Cheese Room Operator
Collins McNicholas are recruiting exclusively for Carbery Group, a global leader in food ingredients, flavour, and cheese, as they expand their manufacturing operations in West Cork. These positions will be part of their new Mozzarella expansion.
- Blocks of cheese are automatically discharged onto a conveyor when a cycle is complete. Check blocks for correct shape and weight.
- Follow defined work procedures (SOPs) and ensure the product is right the first time.
- Ensure day codes and label weights being applied are correct.
- Carry out a daily sampling of on-line products and check the analysis from previous days’ production to ensure that the products meet specification and standards.
- Operate x-ray detection system and complete hourly checks on the same.
- Ensure their area is kept in a clean and hygienic state.
- Keep accurate and timely records and documentation.
- Monitor area, product and process to ensure any issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Carry out light maintenance duties, as required, in this area to maintain optimum performance.
- Communicate issues to relevant personnel.
- Provide suggestions of continuous line/process improvements.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings, including daily production meetings.
- Perform other duties as necessary or when requested.
- Ability to understand Operator instructions (both verbal and written)
- Strong commitment to quality, safety and communication
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to perform to a high production standard in terms of productivity, quality and safety
- Good attention to detail
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.