My client, a leading multinational medical device company in the Munster area has a requirement for a Molding Engineer. This role will support in the area of injection molding related activities, including new tool qualifications and resolution of supply and quality issues encountered during day-to-day running of the business.
If you have previous experience in polymer component manufacturing please feel free to get in touch.
- Supports implementation and ongoing use of polymer-based injection molded components used in the manufacture of company products
- Supports molded commodities over lifecycle including product, process, quality and cost improvement initiatives, supplier and resin changes
- Troubleshoot molding issues in conjunction with supplier and lead or support internal investigations as required.
- Work closely with molding suppliers to ensure reliable supply of parts.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to quality system through creation and update of specifications, metrology setup, design control and qualification and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Identify critical dimensions and work with suppliers to ensure proper process controls are in place.
- Participates in validation activity. Role may vary between providing input to owning activities such as protocol/report writing and managing execution of validation activities.
- Interacts cross-functionally with internal and external customers and suppliers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters.
- Concurrent support of multiple projects.
- Understands engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a breakthrough in technology.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. May lead a project team, determining goals, objectives and managing schedules for the projects.
Qualifications & Experience
- National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) Level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline. 2+ years of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Working technical knowledge and application of principles, practices and procedures within the field of polymer component manufacture, in particular injection molding
- General understanding of business unit functions and cross group dependencies/relationships.
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Must have a broad knowledge of technical alternatives and an understanding of their impact on the systems environment.
- Cultivates a wide range of internal networks and begins to develop an external network of resources to facilitate completion of tasks.
- May lead a project team of moderate scope.
- Provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Plans, organises and prioritises own daily work routine to meet established schedule.
- Works under general supervision. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed with soundness of technical judgement, overall adequacy and accuracy.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane on 021-4320675 or email email@example.com