Molecular Cell Biology Section Manager: This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Biopharma company in the Waterford area.
The purpose of this job is to develop the new Molecular Cell Biology Department. The ideal candidate will have Technical GMP experience in Molecular Cell Biology particularly in cell banking, cell-based potency assays, ELISA but also have leadership qualities and experience
- To effectively co-ordinate and manage the section so that the quality of the work and the service consistently meet the requirements of the organisation and the client.
- To build and manage client relationships at an operational level.
- To organise the scheduling of work
- To ensure that scheduled work is completed accurately and within agreed timelines.
- To ensure equipment and systems calibration / qualification schedules are adhered to.
- To ensure investigations and technical issues are completed and resolved in a timely manner.
- For maintaining the MOS (management Operating System) and reporting performance as required.
- Take responsibility and a hands on approach to achieving the financial targets of the section.
- To track and control section budget and spending.
- To assist in identifying opportunities for project continuity and / or new business opportunities.
- Hire, motivate, develop and retain excellent analysts, scientists and team leaders that fit within the Company culture.
- To motivate the team to perform to a consistently high standard through staff training and development and continuous feedback on performance.
- Define, agree and track goals and milestones with senior management for the business unit.
- Ensure that the BU’s under your responsibility have appropriate systems, work ethics and polices in place to ensure that the work environment is safe and guarantees a high quality of service to clients.
- To ensure that the work of the team is carried out in compliance with the organisations quality system.
- To assist in the planning of required people resources and for selecting and recruiting the desired candidates.
- To assist in the planning of other resources e.g. equipment in line with budget requirements and ensure that that selected equipment is implemented in line with the organisations quality system requirements
- To effectively communicate all business activities to senior management, as appropriate
- Lead / take part in group projects / initiatives / assignments to improve the performance of the BU and the Company
- To establish strong links with suppliers to develop new service offerings and diversify our services.
- 5-7 years’ Molecular experience with at least 2/3 years at a senior level is desirable
- Proven ability to effectively manage a growing section is desirable
- Cell Banking and Storage
- Cell Based Potency Assays (Cell proliferation, cAMP, reporter gene, cell surface receptor binding)
- ELISA (HCP, Protein A, sandwich ELISA, competitive ELISA, qPCR (rDNA, Viruses)
- Genetic Stability (custom)
- Excellent leadership skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.