Mobile App Engineer
We are delighted to be working in partnership with the NPD Group Global Market Research company.The NPD Group is excited to begin building their ICT Research Technology Lab in conjunction with the Athlone Institute of Technology. This lab will develop, test and optimise artificial intelligence strategies for real-time market and consumer data analysis. (You can read more about this initiative here.) In parallel to this work NPD are creating a Centre of Excellence, which will include a team of professionals solving real business problems and building new technology solutions through artificial intelligence, machine learning and mobile app engineering. This team is expected to grow and evolve over time.
As part of this effort we are seeking a Mobile App Engineer. If successful, you will engineer, test and deploy robust solutions to solve real business issues. Collaboration with multiple technology and commercial groups will be essential to your success. Together you will critically assess business challenges to develop and deliver robust, long-term solutions which are scalable and automated, where possible.
These positions will be Hybrid, primarily remote in Ireland.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Using various techniques and tools, deliver strategic technical solutions to match business requirements and product life cycle deliverables
- Support the entire application lifecycle ensuring a seamless user experience through a highly functioning application
- Debug and upgrade proactively to ensure optimal performance for the user and the business
- Participate in an agile delivery process. Help devise user stories, own, develop, research and recommend new solutions
- Experiment with new tools and technologies ensuring our solutions stay relevant in a rapidly changing technology landscape while sharing gained knowledge across teams
- Work with technology that operates securely, in the cloud and facilitates predictive modeling and machine learning capabilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure effective integration and delivery. Complete automated and manual testing to ensure quality solutions are deployed and maintained
- Focus on component reusability, data sharing and security while complying with agreed standards and processes
- Write and review technical documents, including requirements and design documents for existing and continuously evolving features
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a technical field; advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years experience of Mobile Developer experience
- Portfolio of applications on iOS and Android which demonstrates your practical capabilities (APIs)
- Strong understanding of Object Orientated Programming, Model-View-Controller, iOS and Android application architecture
- In-depth knowledge of Kotlin, Swift, Java, Objective-C
- Robust experience with third party libraries and APIs
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment with quick iteration, continuous deployment, and test-driven development
- Experience of agile development methodologies
- Technical skills – data and visual analytics, design, creativity
- Problem solving – Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Process/planning – Organised and structured approach to work completion
- Communication skills – collaboration, stakeholder management
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Gillian Nicholson.