Microbiology Lead Analyst/Team Lead required for a leading pharmaceutical organisation in Cork. The Lead Analyst/TL will lead a team of analytical staff and ensure client expectations are met. You will be a key point of contact for the client on a day-to-day basis.
Overview of Main Responsibilities (full job description available on request):
- Effectively coordinating and leading the team so that productivity, quality, documentation, work schedules, safety, and housekeeping are run at maximum efficiency.
- Development, and coaching, of team members.
- Communicating regularly with the client and company to ensure information is shared effectively and actions are taken immediately.
- Reviewing and approving all relevant documentation in a timely manner.
- Contributing to forward planning of activities in order to maximise the use of client resources during training periods.
- Ensuring that work is scheduled, and cross-training takes place as requested.
- Performing all analyses required to the correct standard and turnaround times.
- Performing out performance appraisals with staff as part of the overall performance management programme within the organisation.
- Handling any client-related queries where necessary and liaising with their team and with personnel from other teams to problem solve these queries if needed.
- Ensuring equipment is properly maintained and in the event of a breakdown that it is repaired in accordance with client procedures (with reference to timeliness, quality and cost.)
- Ensuring that all laboratory supplies are in place as required by the client.
- To address group local audit findings.
- To participate as required in any investigations associated with the team deliverables.
- To perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required by the client representative.
- To GMP review analytical data.
- To initiate and follow-up OOS results and action limits as per client procedures.
- To participate in the preparation of reports.
What the ideal candidate looks like:
- A degree or diploma in microbiology/chemistry or a related subject.
- At least 3 years experience in a pharmaceutical industry GMP laboratory.
- Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills.
What you will get in return:
- Competitive Salary (depending on experience).
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling Lane.