- Reference: GY46939
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Frontline management in the day to day supervision of all laboratory activities.
- Allocation, scheduling and managing lab resources.
- Performance management of direct reports, including development plans for all analysts.
- Ensuring that all quality systems within the department are adhered to on a daily basis, GMP and ISO 17025.
- Development of new areas of testing e.g. sterility testing. Introduce improved work flows to the lab.
- Ensuring results and reports are delivered on time to clients. Liaising with customers on all matters involving support.
- Reviewing analyst’s documentation, data, and lab investigations reports, deviations, customer complaints etc.
- Ensuring that staff training, equipment qualification/calibration and method validation is adequate and up to date.
- Preparing the lab for internal and external audits, maintaining compliance to good housekeeping and safety standards.
- Monthly reporting of trends and KPI management.
- Motivate staff to achieve targets and optimise the use of resources at all times.
- Motivate Micro lab team to promote team spirit, increased efficiency and full engagement.
- A Third Level relevant science qualification
- Proven experience of managing a team in a micro GMP laboratory environment
- A professional, pro-active approach with strong leadership and influencing skills as well as an ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Be capable of working on own initiative to motivate team.
- Well-developed people management skills with experience of team engagement
- Effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Capable of building strong relationships within a commercial operation and have an appreciation of business imperatives
- Can demonstrate an ability to critically review analytical data, excellent attention to detail is a must.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role/company please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.read whole article
Q: I am a long-term general manager at a relatively small food-production company that recently appointed a new CEO. I have been tasked with familiarising her with certain company strategies. While I am happy to do this, I am worried that I won’t get the recognition I deserve. I would love for this to contribute […]read whole article
Everything you need to know to find a job, including; how to prepare a CV and cover letter, how to prepare for a job interview, how to navigate the modern job market, and much more.view more