Microbiology Laboratory Lead
The Microbiology Laboratory Lead provides support to the Laboratory Manager in leading and organising the day-to-day running of the microbiology laboratory from sample receipt to final report. The Laboratory Lead is responsible for the high performance of the team and ensures that established goals and timeframes are met.
Microbiology Laboratory Lead responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Lab Manager on the day-to-day operation of the lab
- Building and maintaining a pleasant working environment that promotes equality, staff development, and good communication
- Ensuring that all samples are analyzed to high standards within a time limit acceptable to the customer
- To ensure that agreed quality and safety systems are continually adhered to by the Section such as check/repeat samples, recoveries, dating of reagents, logging of standards, etc. and to review, revise or expand such systems as appropriate
- To undertake external communications with customers regarding matters requiring clarification, anticipated date of analysis completion
- To advise customers, when requested, of relevant tests to perform, to instigate quotations through the marketing department, and to issue reports, including interpretations of findings when requested and/or competent to do so
- To update the methods/techniques when required
- Plan laboratory development in association with the management · Maintaining high standards at all times
- Implementing and following human resource programs relating to employee recruitment and retention, compensation, training and development, equal employment opportunity,
- Supervising and promoting good cooperation between the departments
- Overseeing training, providing guidance and advice to staff
Microbiology Laboratory Lead requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience within a laboratory or other related environment including management of audits.
- General knowledge of microbiology, chemistry, food technology, and/or other related science is necessary.
- Degree in microbiology, chemistry, food technology, and/or other related science.
**FULL SPEC ON APPLICATION**
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Tina Cornally.